Jackson Cottages is a small family owned business providing self catering accommodation in Dumfries and Galloway. We own and manage two properties in the area, see below for details.
Dumfries and Galloway is brilliantly located for holiday breaks for those traveling north from England, or from within Scotland or from Ireland. It has much to offer provides a diverse and plentiful range of activities:
- Stunning coastal scenery
- Mountains, forests, lakes and rolling farmland
- Quiet roads for cycling
- World class mountain biking venues at 7-Stanes forest trails
- Golf courses from pay and play family 9 holes, to a championship links course at Southerness
Unlike other holiday locations not too far away such as the Lake District, you will find Dumfries and Galloway quiet and relaxed with large areas to explore, inexpensive accommodation, free parking with a welcome and scenery to match the very best.
Self Catering Holiday Cottage near Castle Douglas.
Glenfinart Cottage is located in Haugh of Urr, a small village near Castle Douglas. The cottage sleeps 4 in one double and one twin room. There is a kitchen dining room and a lounge with wood burner. The cottage is warm and cosy with full central heating and has a large enclosed garden to the back. The village has a pub – the Laurie Arms serving real ales and tasty pub meals. There is also a children’s play park and woodland walks all straight from the front door.
Self Catering Lodge, Sandyhills near Dalbeattie
CriffelLodge self catering accommodation is a log cabin lodge on Sandyhills bay, near Colvend, and Dalbeattie. Perfect for golf, nature watching, RSPB, 7Stanes Mountain Biking. Sleeps 6 in three bedrooms.
A superb holiday lodge in a small private development within walking distance of Sandyhills beach and coastal walks. Set in woodland on the Colvend golf course, great for wildlife and country views. Discounts for smaller groups. Double glazing and central heating, travel cot available at no extra cost
- Quiet location, great location for nature watchers and a base for activity holidays
- Sandyhills beach/coast a short walk away
- Wildlife. Regular visits from badgers and red squirrels
- Mersehead RSPB reserve just a few miles away – no entry fee
- Golf – the lodge is next to the 12th fairway
- 7stanes mountain biking, Dalbeattie the closest